How do I use mnemonic phrase safely?
Mnemonic phrase is a private key that is not encrypted. If someone did get hold of your mnemonic phrase, it is equivalent to taking control of your crypto assets.
When using mnemonic phrase, please pay attention to the following tips:
- There'd be 3 types of SafePal mnemonic phrase: 12/set, 18/set and 24/set. The longer the mnemonic phrase is, the safer your private key would be.
- After created a wallet, please back up mnemonic phrase immediately.
- When backing up your mnemonic phrase, we strongly recommend to utilize physical media, such as writing on the mnemonic phrase card. Please keep the cards in the secure locations.
- For security, do NOT take photos of your phrase.
- To ensure that the backup mnemonic phrase is correct, proofread multiple times.
- Make sure the mnemonic phrase is kept in the secure offline locations that no one can get hands on, such as a safe box.